Thursday, November 05, 2009



Martin Scorsese's highly anticipated adaptation of Shutter Island was pushed back apparently due to Paramount Pictures not having the funding to promote the movie. The movie's original date was scheduled to be October 2, but will be released on February 19, 2010. The  movie is based on the novel by Dennis Lehane. I have not read the book, but I have the chance now to get a copy due to the releasing change.

I have to admit did not know this piece of information until now. I did wonder why Shutter Island did not come out yet. The trailer for the movie is very exhilarating with the plot of the story in which two U.S. Marshals in 1952 are investigating the disappearance of a patient from a mental hospital in Massachusetts.  Scorsese is a brilliant director and is one of my favorite directors of all time. Plus it's another Leo DiCaprio collaboration so it's going to be very exciting to watch on the big screen. Mark Ruffalo, Patricia Clarkson, Michelle Williams and Ben Kingsley are some of the cast for the movie. I advise you to preview the trailer because it's going to be a good movie next year. I will definitely post in February my thoughts of the movie and relate it to the book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment