Thursday, February 04, 2010

The So -Called Oscar Curse?

Since we are now full bloom in award season with the biggest award ceremony on its way next month. It dawned on me the issue that I that occurs to many winners of the Oscars. And that is.... missing from the screen!!! I have heard about this so-called Oscar curse, which means after winning an Oscar you so happen to not make films or do terrible films after that. For example, Halle Berry won for "Monster Ball" and then we hardly saw her on the screen. I have not seen this film, but "Things We Lost in the Fire" didn't do too well. Denzel Washington on the other hand did continue to do good films, but has not been nominated since his win for "Training Day". 

Another one is Reese Witherspoon. I love her!!! She has hardly in films now. I did not see "Rendition", but it had some mixed reviews. Now that Sandra Bullock is nominated for her first Oscar, I hope and pray that she is one of the ones that survive the so-called Oscar curse because I like her films. We will wait and see everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment