Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Attack of the Figurines

Besides best- seller books and comics being the go- to thing in the movie business. There is this new rise of action figure adapted movies. In 2007, "Transformers" was a mega box office hit across the world. I actually love that movie... Michael Bay did a great job with it... This year, he followed that up with " Transformers 2: The Revenge of the Fallen", which was also a hit this summer. I was a little disappointed, due to my anticipation of it... It was good, but it was just different from what I envisioned. (I heard that a third movie is going to be made.)

Anyways... so Hollywood is continuing with the action figure domination with " G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra". I have seen coming to theaters on August 7th... There is a lot of movies coming that day... I just realized that... LOL. So you know that the movie theaters are going to be packed with people going to G.I. Joe this weekend... I think it will do good, but for me I'm not sure if I'm going to see it. I mean from the commercials, it seem like they did a whole new twist with it and I'm just really not sure if I wanna go and rush to see it.

I haven't read any reviews about the movie so I can't give you anything what the critics are saying about it. I have some friends, who are not interested in seeing and agrees with they changed or twisted some stuff around. The point is that there are movies that are being based on popular action figures. What's next?... They should do a live action Bionicle movie. That would be pretty interesting....

0 comments:

Post a Comment