Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A couple of weeks ago, there was controversy over the fact that Rachelle Lefevre who played Victoria with Bryce Dallas Howard in the upcoming Eclipse movie. My friend Miriam told me about it and the uproar between fans on Twilight dedicated web sites. Many fans, which I found distrubing and childish said that they were going to boycott the movies.
I wasn't too surprised because things happen when it comes to shooting a movie. People get re casted, money is low, etc. Miriam actually responded on one of the sites we follow and spoke her mind. Boy, did she get a response from what her husband, Gus had told me. I personally did not want to read any of these posts because it would have upset badly due to the fact that some these people don't consider that things are not personal and its business.
To boycott a movie just because of that is unfair. They don't realize that could hurt future productions to the saga. The little girls, most of them don't understand. Miriam, which I adore explained that these things happen in Hollywood and that they don't understand that's a factor. One of the response she got was from a girl boasted that she was an actress and blah, blah, blah. That doesn't mean you have to make this idea of boycotting. People just need to be informed about the business side of the industry. It's just not all about the glamour that we see in magazines and television shows. I just feel the business aspect of this is not really quite known and it should be so people can be informed more about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment