Thursday, August 13, 2009

If you have been living under a rock, you would know that vampires are coming more into focus again due to the movie version release of Stephenie Meyer's best selling book, "Twilight" last year. Also with that success, Summit Entertainment green-lighted the productions of the three other books to the saga. " New Moon" will be released on November 20th of this year. I can't wait... Yes, I'm a " Twilight" fan. LOL. My sister, Brittany got me hooked on the series. ( I also wrote an article for my school's magazine about the vampire obsession.)

With that being said that sort of sparked everyone to get on the vampire train. HBO created " True Blood", which is adapted from Charlaine Harris' best selling " Sookie Stackhouse" novels. This show is so awesome and it's one of my favorites. It started last September and is currently now in its second season, which is getting really good.

The CW Network is actually bringing " The Vampire Diaries" another vampire book by L.J. Smith for it's new Fall line up this year. The book series is about a girl who falls for two vampire brothers. My sister once again had me read this book and it is actually really good. You can tell that vampires are a hot thing in my house. LOL.

Nina Dobrev will play the main character, Elina Gilbert. For the most of you who know the award winning Canada teen drama, " Degrassi: The Next Generation" would know that Dobrev played Mia Jones. Also in cast is Paul Wesley("Smallville") as sensitive heart rob vampire, Stefan and extremely cute Ian Somerhalder ("Lost") is Stefan's bad boy brother, Damon. I think this is going to be a good show for others, but for readers I'm not sure. A lot of things were changed like last names, etc. We will see on September 10th if this show will do good. It is a teen targeted book, so it could do well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment