Monday, February 01, 2010

52nd Grammy Awards

Last night's Grammy's was pretty interesting on parts that I actually watched. LOL. The night belonged to Taylor Swift, which I knew for some crazy reason that they would give her the "Album of the Year" award.  I know she is worthy of the award, but I honestly thought it was going to go to either Beyonce or Lady GaGa. Anyways, congrats Taylor on your awards because you deserve it as much as the other artists that were nominated. On performances, I liked Pink's and Beyonce's. I though they were really good, but I was not expecting Beyonce to sing Alanis Morrisette's ever so classic song , "You Oughta Now." I didn't think it was that good to be honest. Pink's performance was crazy as always. I was excited to see Stevie Nicks performing with Taylor Swift. That was a surprise for me. 

The real moment was the tribute to the late Michael Jackson. I did not catch last night, but I did view online. I did get to see his children Paris and Prince accept the award on his behalf. I thought that was a rare and genuine moment that words are too difficult to express how his passing is still a shock to us all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment